Loves to treat: Shoulders, backs and everything else!
Treats using: Functional Dry Needling, McKenzie Method, Functional Movement Assessments
I love my job because:
I am passionate about the human body. My background in Kinesiology helped me discover what little miracles each of us are! It is absolutely astounding how many systems in the body need to work in sync for there to be optimal movement. Physiotherapy gave me the tools to help discover what systems might be “out of sync.” Everyone is unique, making each day fun and challenging.
See me if:
You are tired of “hope and pray” therapy. If hoping and praying isn’t resolving your symptoms, you need a second opinion! I am always growing my physio toolbox to help clients manage both new and old injuries. Treatment plans are tailored to address your specific goals, making you the leader in your own care. I also serve as a “triage point,” guiding you towards the most appropriate practitioner to best serve your specific needs.
“Let’s get physio, physio. I want to get physio!” Most of my post-graduate coursework emphasizes the importance of moving. Moving and moving and MOVING!! Joints like to move! The only thing worse than pain, is pain AND stiffness. I also believe that I’m a facilitator of healing. I help you fix you. Everyone should be accountable for their plan of care. That way, realistic goals can be set and programs can be developed to meet your unique needs. Unable to perform your exercises every day? Say so! Chances are I’ll know anyway.
Qualifications and Courses:
- Kineticore: FDN Level 2 (2018)
- MDT Part D: Advance Lumbar Spine and Extremities – Upper Limb (2017)
- Kineticore: FDN Level 1 (2017)
- MDT Part C: Advance Lumbar Spine and Extremities – Lower Limb (2015)
- Eclectic Approach To Assessment and Treatment of the Upper and Lower Quadrant (2015)
- Orthopaedic Division Level 3 Upper (2015)
- Orthopaedic Division Level 3 Lower (2015)
- Orthopaedic Division Level 2 Upper (2014)
- Orthopaedic Division Level 2 Lower (2014)
- Orthopaedic Division Level 1 (2014)
- APTEI: The Temporomandibular Joint (2014)
- APTEI: Advanced Extremity Complex Certification (2014)
- Meridian Health Education Acupuncture and Dry Needling (2013/14)
- MDT Part B: Cervical and Thoracic Spine (2013)
- MDT Part A: Lumbar Spine (2013)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (2013)
- McKenzie Method Part B (2013)
- McKenzie Method Part A (2013)
- Mulligan Concept: The Upper Quadrant (2013)
- Soft Tissue Release Workshop (2012)
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy (2012)
- Bachelor of Kinesiology (2010)