I love my job because:
I love my job because it gives me the opportunity to really make a difference. My whole life I have been fixing things and this job allows me to work on one of the most complex soul equipped machines on the planet …the human body.
See me if:
If you have long standing or complex issues that lack progress. I love to work through to the root-underlying problem which sometimes leads to areas that you would not normally have expected.
That pain-free is absolutely possible. As well, massage doesn’t have to hurt to work. In order for muscles to release one must be able to relax. If the pressure on the muscle is too intense it can elicit a fight or flight response which is counter-productive. My goal for my clients is to have them be a little tender after a massage… not feel like a truck ran them over.
Qualifications and Courses:
- Myofascial release (Jennings seminar group)(2002)
- Myofascial Mobilzation Brian Barnes, Toronto (2002)
- MFR level 1 John Barnes, Traverse City (2003)
- MFR level 2, Unwinding and Fascial Pelvis John Barnes, Charlotte, South Carolina (2003)
- Registered Massage Therapy Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy, Newmarket, Ont. (1998)
- 3M level 2 Cycling coach (1992-96)