I love my job because:
I was a physiotherapy patient first so I know it works!
Also, it sounds “geeky”, but I am fascinated by mechanics of human movement and the response of the body to applied forces. I love solving the puzzle of abnormal movements and their causes.
Finally, I understand the frustration of being “benched” by injury – whether from sport, work or the activities that make the day worthwhile.
See me if:
Your goal is to not just alleviate the current condition but improve your physical resilience and capacity to do the activities you love. You want to understand the mechanics and root cause of your injury. Furthermore, once you want to know how to independently manage and prevent recurrences. I favour a hands-on approach to assessment and treatment in addition to movement & exercise interventions.
Motion is the natural state of human beings. The vast majority of physical conditions can be improved with the correct exercises and a little help. So, yes – you need to do your exercises. 😉
Qualifications and Courses:
- Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Levels 1 – 5
- Functional Integrated Needling
- Anatomical Acupuncture Level 1 Parts 1, 2A & 3A
- Mechanical Diagnosis & Therapy (McKenzie Technique) Parts A 7 B
- Mulligan Technique Upper & Lower Quadrant
- Shoulder Assessment & Treatment Course Level 1
- BSc Human Kinetics. Area of emphasis Biomechanics (2000)
- Physical Therapy (2003) Registered Physiotherapist