DO I NEED AN ASSESSMENT?
- Are you dealing with a current running injury?
- Do you have a history of running injuries and want to prevent future ones?
- Do you want a more efficient running gait and to improve your performance?
- Are you a beginner and would like to learn how to start running properly?
- Do you want an individualized training program tailored to your specific needs and goals?
SO WHAT’S INVOLVED?
Step 1. Subjective history with focus on current/past injuries, review of any previous therapies, and review of current training program (if any).
Step 2. Running gait analysis on our clinic treadmill.
Step 3. Functional strength and mobility assessment to test running- specific muscle imbalances.
WHO WILL I BE SEEING? – ABOUT RICHELLE
Richelle graduated with a Masters in Physiotherapy in 2009 from Dalhousie University. She has completed courses in the Prevention of Running Injuries and has hosted several run groups, seminars and workshops on running well. Richelle is an experienced runner with the OAC racing team, and a member of Run Ottawa. She is passionate about working with runners to both decrease injuries and improve performance! Don’t forget to check her out on Instagram and Facebook!